To travel is to live - Ireland, First day

Everyone who knows me probably knows two addictions of mine. Literature, and exploring the world. This year, I have been so lucky as to get another chance to see a new corner of our beautiful planet. The language week of my school class has brought us to the town of Bray, a town not too far from Dublin, on the irish east coast. As a school task, we were told to write a travel journal. I would've done that anyway. ;) 

So, here comes the next travel series with loads of photos! 

I'll split the total of what I've written in four parts, cause it is actually a lot of text. 

As always, I wish that everyone who takes the time to read this, enjoys his or herself. (And if you wanna be super nice and helpful, tell me your opinion.) 


Starting off

A chill day in fall. 26 austrian students on a plane which flies in the direction of Dublin. We are all sitting on completely different seats, in my row are Anja, Benjamin and Christoph. We just decided we'll probably purchase a grilled sandwich on board later on. It's such a weird feeling that we're gonna see our host families today, even if they're only gonna be our family for a week. Hopefully we'll be lucky and get nice people. Claire McAndrews sounds like a cute irish lady. :) I wonder if the island is gonna be as green as I think it is. Well, we will figure it out in about 2 hours. I'm gonna describe everything important then. 


October 1st, 10.07 pm

At guest family's home. I have to say, I had a few concerns because of the host families. If everything was gonna be clean, if they would be nice, how the food would be - but everything turned out great. We have a lovely family with 3 kids - a little baby girl and two boys(aged 3 and 5). They are so caring and cute, our room and house are super pretty and food is okay. (Breakfast is gonna be THE BOMB: fruit, greek yoghurt, porridge oats, granola, muesli, black tea with milk or coffee)
After our host dad showed us a bit around Bray and after we had dinner, we went to the beach with the rest of the class and had the most awesome chai latte of all times: with real spice mix, not syrup!! We all talked about our families and it seems that everyone is totally happy and satisfied. Tomorrow we'll have school, I wonder how that will work out. 
Good night! 











Kommentare

Beliebte Posts