To travel is to live - Ireland, days 6-8

October 6th, 9.56 pm

We were the firt ones to get to the hotel today! I was so happy in the morning, it didn't rain, it was a bit warmer, and we were finally punctual! We learned another irish song today which I liked a lot. 

Around lunchtime, we left fot Dublin again. I bought some pajamas, tea towels, socks, tights and Zoella beauty products at Penney's/Primark, some Granola at Tesco's, Black Tea at Supervalu and a honestly freaking amazing book for writers which gives you creative inputs and tasks. It's called "642 things to write about", and it's from Urban Outfitters. 

After all of the shopping, we were hungry, and so Matthias, Annika, Benni and me had Burritos at an awesome Mexican streetfood restaurant. 

The last few things we did after arriving in Bray were: buying a Merci-package for our language school teacher, getting a Scone from Gala and nearly died of laughing because we ate typical breakfast food at 9pm, and then getting the 145 to Killarney Heights, where our host home is. 

I really liked today, although it was a bit exhausting again. I'll keep everything definitely as positive in my memory! :) 





October 8th, 1.38 pm

Back in my home country, now at the second last station till I'm home again - the train to Linz. We got up at 3 am today, which was particulary crazy and hard for me, cause I just couldn't fall asleep yesterday. I'm still tired and so sad that we couldn't stay longer. 

Anyway! My entry from yesterday is still missing, so I'll write it now. After our last class with Dave in the morning, we went to Dublin once more. I bought some souvenirs (a snow globe, some kitchen utensils for my granny and a "Free Spirit" hip flask in turquoise for myself). Then, we hit the DART station and went back to Bray. 

Annika, Benjamin, Petra, Bobo, Adelina, Elektra and me spent the afternoon together. Adelina and Bozana did my Make-Up, and Benni got taught how to do Annikas bronzer and blush. Afterwards we took a ton of pictures together, and a few ones turned out pretty good! 
When it got too cold, Benni, Annikey and me went into Finnbee's, the local and kinda awesome café at the promenade. I had my beloved Misty Chai Latte once more, Benni a delicious choco muffin, and we three looked at all the pictures together and analyzed them. 

At 6:45, it was time to go to the DART station, where we met with the rest of the class. The last dinner was eaten at "Pizzas 'n' cream", where we had an insanely good and insanely large pizza. (The leftovers got our host families.) Happy and while holding our tummies cause we were so full, we had a great time. The staff was extremely friendly and sweet as well! 

We went straight home after eating to get the few rare hours of sleep that we had left. 

When we were finally gone from the "emerald isle" today, I realized that I somehow felt that at least a part of me belonged here. I am sure I'll come back. As an au-pair, to study (maybe at Trinity college ;) ), or just to go an a tourist trip. Especially to see more of Dublin, the writer's city.

































Kommentare

Beliebte Posts