Not all who wander are lost - America, days 6-10

Here comes the second part of my first travel diary! I apologize for all spelling and grammar mistakes, because I am still slightly jetlagged (oh, man, I hate it) while writing this, and because English is not my mothertongue (I kinda wish it was).


DAY 6 - Saturday, July 11th, 2 pm - Soccer match, bying maple syrup and another party

Okay, last night was officially the weirdest of my life. We had a wild hotel party with a bunch of different people that are also here because of Heimattag. There was guitar playing, polka dancing and a lot of making out - I lost my overview when I heard all of the stories today. Anyway, I had enough of partying at 2.50 in the morning, I wanted to get into our room and just go to sleep. However, what I forgot, was our keycard. After a bit of knocking, shouting and scolding from our room neighbour, I decided to crash at the canadian girls room. Their room number was also the only one I had in my memory. Anyhow, I ended up in a room with three other canadians and told one of them a lot about austrian dishes for about 2 hours. Today in the morning, I heard that a lot of people actually crashed in other rooms than their own. Even though I only got about two hours of sleep, I feel somehow quite fit.

Today, we were in Aylmer again, there was a soccer match where the canadians played against the Jugendlager-team. While that was going on, we took a couple pictures in front of a yellow schoolbus, got some coffee, went for a walk through that little village and made some plans for a dance-group-exchange between Traun and Biberach.

At 5 pm, we're on our again to the "crazy-shit's-going-on-party #2". Before that, I will have a look at what shops they have nearby, and I'm gonna iron my Dirndl.






DAY 7 - Sunday, July 12th, 10.42 pm - A missed parade, crazy church service and going back to the US

The festivities of Heimattag yesterday and today were okay, but the outstanding highlight for me were the repetitive dancing performances of the Kitchener youth group. I didn't know before how often you can spin in about 30 seconds. Today in the morning, we somehow managed to miss the parade that we technically came here for, but somehow, that was quite funny. At church, we all had to concentrate to stay awake because of the vivid partying yesterday. A few people even wore sunglasses! It was a fun thing to watch. After a few goodbyes full of tears and hugs, we made a few promises where we all would meet again, and we started our way back to the USA. Our hotel is my favourite so far: we had lovely and not greasy pizza and a lot of vegetables. Besides that, we got promised that there would be a diverse and also healthy breakfast tomorrow. I am in the room with the german girls now, and we're having a crazy amount of fun.


DAY 8 - Monday, July 13th, 11.19 pm - Beach and shopping

Today was woooooonderful. Our breakfast came with fresh fruit, yoghurt and bagels quite close to a healthy breakfast. In the morning, we drove to Preque Isle, where is a fantastic beach. If you could smell salt in the air, you really would feel like at the sea there. We played volleyball, went swimming and tried to get a tan. After lunch, which consisted of sandwiches, we got on the way to the Mill Creek Mall. We had high expectations concerning the shopping there, and we were not dissapointed. Starting with lingerie from Victorias Secret, bodysprays from Bath&Body Works, sweets with peanut butter, boyfriend candles, to shirts and jeans jackets, we found everything. We europeans bought so much stuff, as if there was no tomorrow. For dinner, we were at the Siebenbuerger Club in Erie, we had Penne with meatballs, so the food was really okay and the building is also beautiful! When we were back at the hotel, we all went swimming in the indoor pool. Now I'm sitting since forever in our room with Claudia, Andrea and Kathrin, we are chatting and laughing, I feel comfortable.




DAY 9 - Tuesday, July 14th, 6.11 pm - Seneca caverns, Lake Erie and S'mores

I'm sitting here on one of the most beautiful spots on Earth. Yes, I am pretty sure about that. Approximately 2 hours ago we arrived here, and I was delighted from the first second. Our new place to stay are little cabins directly near Lake Erie. The whole estate is lovely, cute small huts in turquoise, volleyball nets, gazebos, stairs that go down to the water and fireplaces. I could move in here immediately. Before we arrived, we visited the Seneca Caverns. That is a to-be-dripstone cave. It was not that fascinating there, but quite cold, full of drops and very low. Later in the evenig, we're gonna make a campfire and roast marshmallows.


























DAY 10 - Wednesday, July 15, 10.40 pm - Cedar Point

My conclusion of today: Cedar point is awesome! The whole day stood under the motto of this amusement park. In the morning, we sang "Happy Birthday" for Anna, and afterwards we left for a day full of adrenaline kicks, good food (chinese from Panda Express: orange chicken, rice and veggies and Applebee's: salmon with veggies and potatoes), long talks with Meaghan and sunshine.  All together, we had lots of fun, got on many rollercoasters, in bumper cars, a Ferris wheel and Claudia, Kathrin and me even got henna tattoos. We got home late, so we'll only shower now, and then we're good.





Kommentare

Beliebte Posts