Away from here - Strasbourg

Guess what - I hit the road another time! God, how much I love discovering this beautiful planet and making the most of our time here. Anyhow, last week I have been to beautiful France, the first time since 10 years ago, where I visited the Disneyland and Paris with my family. This trip to the Alsace was our last school voyage, and I immensely enjoyed my time. 

And here we go, as usual with a description of our activities, loads of tips and photos. 

When we arrived on the first day, it was already late and the sun wasn't out anymore, since we left Austria at 9 am, we got to Strasbourg at around 8. 
Therefore, our evening program consisted mainly of having dinner and drinking wine at a nice restaurant in the old town. I am highly recommending flame cake and Pinot Gris for you!









The second day in France started for us with a visit at the European Parliament. We had a guided tour in the beautiful architectured building, I was quite impressed. 











In the afternoon, we took a little stroll on our own through Strasbourg. Anja and me went into those cute little Christmas shops they have everywhere, and we visited a book flea market.

A bit later, we explored the prettiest part of town, "Petite France", with the school group, especially "Maison Kammerzell" caught our eye. With a glass globe boat we did a tour and heard interesting historical facts as well. 


















Our second day in France was about something we all looked immensely forward to: a visit to the monkey mountain. Yes, you heard that right. You can walk around on a hill and see monkeys running around and as a plus, you can feed them with popcorn. Isn't that amazing?? 











Concerning our program, Wednesday was definitely my favourite. In the afternoon we visited the french and rebuilt version of Winterfell - Chateau Haut-Koenigsbourg. Anybody who loves Game of Thrones would have to be enchanted by that castle. 














Oh, last point of that day - the smallest village in the Alsace and still one of the most visited. Riquewhir is a cute, gingerbread-like town and I loved it there. I enjoyed Quiche Lorraine, Chestnut-Cream-Crepes and very good wine at the farm of Weibel, in Obernai, a town very close to Riquewhir. 







Before we went home, we had one more day - and that day we had a guided tour at the european council, a walk through a military bunker and afterwards free time. I have a few more pictures of that to show you guys. 

















Kommentare

Beliebte Posts