2015 has been a blast

Since today it is New Years Eve, this is the last oppurtunity to look back at what highlights 2015 has brought for me. I can barely believe this year is almost over, it was definitely a year that has gone by incredibly fast. I have enjoyed a huge amount of it. I had some incredible experiences, I have been to lovely places, and I got to know wonderful people. 

Looking back at what has happened from last January till now, I can only smile and hope 2016 will be as awesome as 2015 was. 

In this post, I am gonna give a little overview of what my year has been like, my ups and downs, and with that, I am ending my year in a positive way and looking forward to 12 new, full months of more to experience. 

Not all of the photos I'm adding have something to do with the text I wrote.

January 2015

My 2015 started with a tranquil New Years Eve with my best friend. In the first few weeks of January, I had 
some dancing perfomances, and I went to two lovely school dances where I had a lot of fun. I also took a bunch of school exams, and I prepared and performed a carnival dance with a children dancing group, which I enjoyed actually more than I thought I would. 





February 2015

I was part of a carnival parade, I had a perfect evening with cooking and movies with my dance group, and I went skiing with them. After that weekend I came home with a broken left thumb and was not exactly happy about that. 



March 2015

The start of spring. Wonderful. With half of my school class we had a friday night at a bar in Linz which I still think of with a smile on my face. Also, my brother Stefan left for Chile, where he would stay for 5 months to work there. 



April 2015

There was an awesome easter event with the dance group and I turned 17. One day before my birthday, we went to a restaurant and bowling with three friends of mine, that was lovely. My birthday itself was one of the absolute best ones I have ever had! I felt so loved and appreciated by my family and friends and I was unbelievably happy that day. I also went to a string quartet concert with my mum. 



May 2015

A parade with the dance group again, this time in Germany, in Passau. Later that month we went to Germany once more, to participate at the Heimattag in Dinkelsbühl! I've met two guys there again which I knew from am event in Wels in October 2014. It turned out later that I would not see Markus and Michi from Nürnberg the last time in 2015. We had a blast in the beertent and performed well on Sunday. 



June 2015

We celebrated the 50th birthday of my mum with a giant party which I enjoyed loads. It was really funny, I prepared some beautiful decorations with my auntie and I danced a lot. I wrote my Cambridge Exam, which I was kinda afraid of. With one of my best friends, Anna, I went to Vienna to see One Direction live, sadly sans Zayn Malik. Nevertheless, that was a day to remember!!! 




July 2015 

After the crazy schoolmonth of June where I got myself to the verge of a nervous breakdown because of the stress that I had made myself because of my grades, the schoolyear of grade 3 was finally over. I decided at that point that I will do my best in my educational future to not freak out because of exams anymore, cause my excellent grades did not even make me really happy in the end - so it was so not worth all the work I put into it. 
Anyway! At July 6th I finally left for Jugendlager! Looking back, that definitely was the thing I will remember most from this year. I am forever grateful for these two weeks in the US and Canada with my crazy group of saxons. I have wrote so much about it already in my travel diary, which you should check out cause there are stories worth hearing of! In case some of my Jugendlager buddies are reading this now, I still love and miss you more than you think. That reunion is fixed in the back of my head, and I hope, in yours too.
 
When I came back from my trip, not only did I suffer from horrible jetlag, but I also told everyone all my experiences. 




















August 2015

On 1st August Stefan came back from Chile, finally. I was so happy to get him back, I mean, skyping was great, but I missed seeing him in reality. I worked as an intern in the library of my town for the 4 hottest weeks ever. Aside from that, I went swimming in the beautiful austrian lakes and our pool and I went hiking in the Alps. I also went on a few trips around Austria with Anna.

September 2015

School started again, and on the second weekend of September we went to the Oktoberfest in Munich with a group of over 100 saxons from Traun. I was really happy to experience this giant event with Anna and my dance group people, but to anyone that has not been there yet: You imagine the Oktoberfest to be more awesome than it actually is. 

October 2015

In the first week of October I explored another beautiful part of our planet - Ireland. We went there with my school class, and I definitely want to get there again. I enjoyed it a lot, and of this trip there's also a travel journal on this blog. 
In October, there was also another beertent that I was in. This time in Austria, and that was a night to remember as well. The only thing I can say is that partying in a beertent is by far my favourite form of partying. 
What is more, is that we went to Germany again! We took part in a folk dancing competition and I got to meet a few german friends of mine again, which I was super excited about, and I actually wanted to stay longer, cause I feel so at home with them. 






November 2015

A dancing event in town took place, where my dance group did the opening and the midnight show with a Dracula theme. It was a nice evening indeed. Me and my family also visited the town Stefan is studying in, Steyr. It is a gorgeous one, and we went to the first christmas market this year there and drank our first Punsch. 



December 2015

The last month of 2015 started with 2 selfmade Advent calendars for me, which made me really happy. I sent some Christmas cards to Meaghan and Breanna in Canada, which luckily arrived safely. I went to Germany the last time this year, with my Mum, to Cologne and Bochum. I sorta enjoyed the time there. I went to a Christmas party, I gave presents that people liked, I received lovely things and am enjoying my vacation now. This evening I will celebrate in Linz with a few good friends of mine. I am looking forward to 2016, may it be a lovely new year for all of us. 








Kommentare

Beliebte Posts