Do you remember?

 So these posts are supposed to be working as a newsletter update to my life coming straight from my homepage to your e-mail inbox very soon. Keep your fingers crossed with me to figure out if the third time really is the charm for my website now.

Jumping straight in medias res, like what you should be used to from me by now. 

 Although I do no like running, my mind always sprints at a 100 miles an hour. A speed not even I can keep up with most of the time. When I was in high school, I have learned that writing CAN and SHOULD be structured. Although I do agree on that, my impulsive and artistic side still takes over sometimes. That is the case today. I am writing what I am feeling and perceiving, so there you go.

 I have had some really good talks lately and I will share my wisdom. First of all, other people are right a lot of the time even when you do not feel like admitting it. We all like to stick to our own opinion, but that means zero learning. Second of all, even if you do not agree completely to what others are saying, you can take a part of what they are stating and make use of it. 

What am I referring to? For example, my mom and a good friend of mine agreed on me being too impatient. That made me reflect and realize: They are right. I am a girl that always feels behind, who does not honor rest or progress or time. I am always ahead mentally, trying to jump to the next stop without doing the hard work of getting there. But that is not how life works. The universe has its timing, and if that means working a job you do not love or feeling lonely sometimes, that is something you have to accept and have faith in.

On the other hand, I was told that if we keep complaining and seeing life as dissapointing, what we are lacking is focus. We are not lacking things or people or experiencies or money, but mostly gratitude. Appreciation of what we have, who we are, the people around us and our status quo. 

It is always the same reminder and we all get tired of hearing it, especially being in a privileged first world country that evolves around mental health and luxury problems. But that does not mean it is not true anymore. 

Neither does it mean that when life feels hard or you feel stuck you can stop trying. What it does mean, however, is that you should REST. What's more, you NEED to rest. Body and mind. Sleeping 8+ hours, exercising, journalling, painting, dancing, eating well, talking to people you love, give hugs and so on.

And have faith. In yourself, in everything that you have done so far. And in God's plan, which is bigger than you and will unfold itself in its' own timing once you decide to trust in it.  

 

Tell me, is being patient and faithful something you struggle with, too?  

 

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts